Last weekend we decided to start working on the back room of our house. No disrespect to the people who lived here before.. but panelling? Was that really necessary?? :) As much as we wanted to rip it off we found that it would be easier, cheaper and less time consuming if we just paint over it. The main project this weekend was painting the fireplace. Phil and I started priming at around 9:30pm, and we finished at 2:00am. Old school DC Talk Cd's (which we still knew all the words to!) and strong paint fumes actually made this a fun night together!!
The next morning Maddie and Emma each got a turn to participate in the fun!
The fireplace still needs one more coat of color, but I think it turned out really nice. Phil has plans to build a mantel, and trim out the sides in white. I can't wait to see it all come together!
The paneling is ready to be painted, that will be next weekends project. We will update with more pictures as the project continues to progress!
By the way for all you DC Talk fans out there... Phil and I (@around 1:30am) decided that the group should definitely get back together and tour! Paint fumes??? or a really great idea??? :)
The next morning Maddie and Emma each got a turn to participate in the fun!
The fireplace still needs one more coat of color, but I think it turned out really nice. Phil has plans to build a mantel, and trim out the sides in white. I can't wait to see it all come together!
The paneling is ready to be painted, that will be next weekends project. We will update with more pictures as the project continues to progress!
By the way for all you DC Talk fans out there... Phil and I (@around 1:30am) decided that the group should definitely get back together and tour! Paint fumes??? or a really great idea??? :) If you weren't into Christian rock in the 90's here's a little taste of what you missed! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment