It's been a while since I've blogged, but not b/c of lack of activity around here, just time!!!
We have been working hard the last few weekends on our backyard! Last year...front yard...this year...back! I'm very excited about enjoying the backyard this summer!
Here's where the story starts... In preparation for a veggie garden Phil started taking down a few trees in the far back. As he was digging around the stump, he heard squealing. He got down to get a better look...I believe it was at this time he had a decision to make. Tell the wife and kids that he found baby bunnies, or "take care of the problem." He chose wisely and our family(Phil included :) ) has had a blast watching these 7 little tiny bunnies grow up in our back yard over the past 2 weeks! Last night we all were able to see the mom come and feed them for the first time, although we think she's been making nightly visits.
Let me remind you that we were in the process of preparing for a VEGETABLE garden!!! The bunnies future is unknown at this point. I couldn't let them go into the wild on Mothers Day, that would just be mean...right??? :) So for know they sit happily protected in our backyard, Growing and hopping around more each day! Honestly, I don't think Phil thought they would live this long!
This picture was taken this past week. When Phil found them they didn't have any fur, and looked more like mice.

At this point all 7 are still alive! 100% survival rate in the Kilian backyard!! :) Next door might be a different story (for those of you who are familiar with our neighbors!)


The bunnies live in that brick ring nice and close to the garden....FOR NOW! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment