Thursday, July 18, 2013

{Land that I Love...}


To quote my Grandpa Herbie... "It's the 4th of July, SUMMERS OVER!!!"
He use to yell that after every 4th of July fireworks show I every saw with him.  The sad part is...it feels true.  More true now than it did 20 years ago.  He was a teacher, and now that I'm back teaching Kindergarten I feel the same way.  So much so that I have been back to school twice since July 4th.  I know that I'm really only half way through my summer, but man...time flies!!!  Especially when you're having as much fun as we are!  
I hope you and your family had as much fun celebrating our freedom as we did.  
We started the day off bright and early!

Kenny and Crystal invited the girls to join their twin boys in the Schoolcraft Firecracker Fun Run.  It was a 1mile course that was set up for kids of all ages to run before the Firecracker 10K.  We asked the girls if they were interested...and to our surprise they said "YES!!"  We again reminded them that we would have to be there around 7:30, but they didn't care! And I'm glad they did it..even if this non-runner had to get up at the crack of dawn!

Both of the girls finished in under 10 minutes, which I thought was great for their first "race."  It was so exciting to watch them push through the finish line, and receive their medal.  Dane and Nyle finished the race too...but only Dane would let me take his picture! :)


After the run, we picked up some breakfast and prepared for the annual Schoolcraft Parade.  Don't the kiddos look cute in their red, white & blue!!
We filled the afternoon with burgers, brats & bathing suits! 


I'm not exactly sure who had more fun in the water..the kids or Phil & Rob!!
We finished the night with...you guessed it Schoolcraft fireworks! :)  This is my favorite part of the 4th!  And these fireworks NEVER disappoint!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Ambs! I love your posts and as I read, I hear your voice telling the story. You have a wonderful life!! Thank you for sharing it with us. You are an inspiration to me.
Sorry so mushy. You get like that as you get older.