Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All in a night's work

Phil and my dad set tonight aside to start working on the swing set for our backyard. I was amazed at what was accomplished in just 5 short hours! :) But then again...it's Phil and my dad...I guess I shouldn't be that surprised!!!

The plans.
The materials
The help (and her over sized tool belt!)
The measurements and cuts
Emma hammering in the first nail! :)
The foreman..
Just double checkin'
The pencil makes it official! :)
The progress...
Safety first here at the Kilian's..even when using the pencil! :)
Starting to look like a swing set....
Not bad for the first night..
Just to make sure they work...Yes..that's my dad and Phil... together...on the swings...at 10:00 at night! :)
Thanks so much for all your help dad!!! Tonight was especially fun for me. So many things reminded me of being a little girl. I can remember you always having sketches and plans drawn out on graph paper (you apparently have an endless supply!) laying around the counters, that only you could make sense of! And those crazy pencils that you always carry around on projects...those make me laugh! :) And when I smell fresh cut wood, and hear the sounds of the saw I ALWAYS think of you!! And the faces you make while you work are priceless, especially while you're working the saw! :) You are an amazing craftsman, and more importantly an amazing dad and "Bampa"!!! I Love You!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very sweet posting Amber, thanks for sharing. At the Radifest, we're going to celebrate bpt girls birthdays as we're so lame here. Shelley

Anonymous said...

All of you are so blessed. I love him too. MOM

Stacey said...

Wow, looks like you have been busy with outdoor projects! A garden, swingset, and landscaping...very impressive.

And Emma...I love your t-shirt!

Anonymous said...

Amber and Phil, make all the memories you can as you raise Emma and Maddie! When you think back on them they'll leave a smile on your face and a good feeling inside.
Love you to!
DaD
(_)