Not to "toot my horn"..but I'm pretty sure I have the best sugar water in at least a two mile radius! :) We have two hummingbirds that are constantly at our feeder!! All Day...chainsaws? hammering? Maddie's voice?...they don't seem to care! We affectionately call them Hilda and Harold b/c Maddie is convinced that one is a boy and one a girl (and she's probably right...I just don't know how to tell!)
So, last night I put on the ol' 200mm lens and set out into the wilds of my backyard like a National Geographic photographer! :)
At first I didn't want to scare them away, so I kept my distance
But as I inched closer ( I prefer that you read this in a whisper..and perhaps with a Australian accent...just for the effect :) ) I realized that Hilda (or Harold???) wasn't the least bit concerned with my presence.

But as I inched closer ( I prefer that you read this in a whisper..and perhaps with a Australian accent...just for the effect :) ) I realized that Hilda (or Harold???) wasn't the least bit concerned with my presence.
"Yum....No..really guys...the best in town..you gotta try it!"
That was Harold speaking! :)
After one was finished he/she would wait on our fence for the other to arrive!

And then it was back to the sweet nectar! :) I couldn't get a picture of them both there at the same time...so maybe I'm not exactly the wildlife photographer I claim to be! :)

After 5 minutes of intense "shooting", a slightly sore pointer finger, and one or two mosquito bites... I decided it was time to make the LONG trek

After one was finished he/she would wait on our fence for the other to arrive!
And then it was back to the sweet nectar! :) I couldn't get a picture of them both there at the same time...so maybe I'm not exactly the wildlife photographer I claim to be! :)
After 5 minutes of intense "shooting", a slightly sore pointer finger, and one or two mosquito bites... I decided it was time to make the LONG trek back to civilization! :)
2 comments:
Tell Maddie and Emma I think those hummers followed them home from my house:) Nana
Beautiful pictures of the hummingbirds Amber! I'm sure you are loving your new camera.
Post a Comment