Tuesday, March 30, 2010

{Weekend Project}

Emma celebrated Easter early with her Kindergarten class. They had a Resurrection Breakfast last Friday. I thought it was such a cute idea...and Emma loved having breakfast with her friends at school!
Mrs. Rus reading the Easter story

Meanwhile...Phil was back home starting on the weekend project!!!
Good bye nasty ol' off white carpet...you will not be missed!!!!!
*Phil means business when he puts on the DeVisser T-shirt!!!* :)
I knew Phil needed a little extra help....but I don't think he meant to call a plumber!!! :)
It's even funnier that her sweatshirt says "Always Unpredictable"
ok..sorrry...but those were just to funny!!! :) Maddie has this problem often....Nothin' we can do but laugh and take pictures!! :)

Yes..even I was recruited for this project!
After a long 15 minutes of pulling out staples...Maddie and the cat took their afternoon siesta! :)
Actually...Maddie went in to her room while I was vacuuming..and Phil went in 5 minutes later to tell her it was safe to come out...and this is what he found!! :)
Emma got in on the action Saturday afternoon...Helping dad with the nail gun!!
Finishing up...Phil did an amazing job...especially since this was his first time laying a wood floor!!! It must have been the lucky DeVisser shirt... :)
I love it!!!
Now I just need to figure out the best way to clean it/dust it!!! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Whoa! Nice work Phil (and his lovely assistants). The new floors are beautiful. :) I use a spray cleaner and a microfiber sweeper on my laminate wood floors.

Landscape of our Life said...

Maddie= "pants on the ground, pants on the ground...." :-)

Beautiful floor Phil!!!

Anonymous said...

Emma has such a wonderful teacher. I love Emma's hair.
Phil beautiful job. The carpet looks great too. You better keep that man around, Amber (:
DON'T use a wet swiffer on your floor. As for Maddie....I like to call it the "Bampa Buns" Dad has the same problem. (long torso).
Her and Max are just to cute.
Nana