After Story Book Land, we drove to Atlantic City. I need to add here, that the girls rode with Chuck and Eileen all day today. During our times on the road... the girls learned a GREAT song, which they later performed for the family....video's to come soon!! :)
Checking out the Atlantic Ocean. It was a little cloudy, but still beautiful!
We saw a fantastic water/light show in one of the malls on the boardwalk
New+Jersey-NC+2010+186.jpg)
So...I know this picture isn't great...but it's the ONLY one I have to tell about THIS part of our day. We planned a fun dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. I thought the girls would LOVE this. They have been to the restaurant before, but only in the gift shop. We made reservations, waited, and then finally got our table...all is still going well! As we're walking in I can feel Maddie's hand gripping mine a little tighter. It's pretty dark inside, and there are a lot of big animals around all the tables....still doing ok!! :) We are seated at a table right next to a huge elephant, Maddie is curious but not afraid...yet :) We order drinks and an appetizer and then Uncle Chuck says "Hey Maddie, in a few minutes ALL the animals are going to come ALIVE!!!" :) We quickly reassure her that they are not going to gobble her up for dinner. We laugh it off and continue checking out the menu. All of a sudden the lights go off....and we are in the middle of a simulated thunderstorm. The elephants are making noise, the light's are flashing, but none of that compares to the child sitting next to me SCREAMING(at the top of her lungs) "I want to leave here...NOW" over and over!!!! Needless to say...we did not enjoy a meal at the Rainforest Cafe, but it made for a great story (after we got her out of there), and a dinner we'll never forget!! :) Maybe we'll try again next time Uncle Chuck!!! :)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+186.jpg)
So...I know this picture isn't great...but it's the ONLY one I have to tell about THIS part of our day. We planned a fun dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. I thought the girls would LOVE this. They have been to the restaurant before, but only in the gift shop. We made reservations, waited, and then finally got our table...all is still going well! As we're walking in I can feel Maddie's hand gripping mine a little tighter. It's pretty dark inside, and there are a lot of big animals around all the tables....still doing ok!! :) We are seated at a table right next to a huge elephant, Maddie is curious but not afraid...yet :) We order drinks and an appetizer and then Uncle Chuck says "Hey Maddie, in a few minutes ALL the animals are going to come ALIVE!!!" :) We quickly reassure her that they are not going to gobble her up for dinner. We laugh it off and continue checking out the menu. All of a sudden the lights go off....and we are in the middle of a simulated thunderstorm. The elephants are making noise, the light's are flashing, but none of that compares to the child sitting next to me SCREAMING(at the top of her lungs) "I want to leave here...NOW" over and over!!!! Needless to say...we did not enjoy a meal at the Rainforest Cafe, but it made for a great story (after we got her out of there), and a dinner we'll never forget!! :) Maybe we'll try again next time Uncle Chuck!!! :)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+199.jpg)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+158.jpg)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+166.jpg)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+177.jpg)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+193.jpg)
New+Jersey-NC+2010+195.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment