Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{Details...}

Phil and I have been working (slowly but surely) on Emma's room. She decided before Christmas that she wanted her own room!! We have had a bed waiting in the basement for the past two years...so we were excited to get it out and create a room around it! We weren't in a rush...and still have some finishing touches to do, but it's starting to come together nicely!! :)

Enjoy some of the details of Emma's new room...
My mom gave Emma a small desk that was her's when she was a little girl. My dad sanded it down and repainted it, I picked out some new knobs...and wala...it was the perfect addition to the room!! Thanks Mom!! :)
Phil actually picked up this antique Jenny Lind bed
a few summers ago, when we were vacationing in Pentwater.
We didn't paint it at all, it was already red and worn..which I LOVE!!! :)

I don't sew (I soooo wish I knew how!!!!) so I picked out a bunch of fabric and gave it to a fellow teacher. She made these amazing pillows!!! They are even better than I had imagined in my mind!! The backs are different so Emma can change it up at any time!

Emma asked me to paint her a picture for her room!?!? UMMM...I don't draw, so I don't know why she thought this would be a good idea!! But I promised her I'd come up with something. :)
I have always loved the "whatever is..." verse, Philippians 4:8...and I think it's a verse that she will be able to apply to her life now..as well as when she's older (but we're not going to talk about that, it just makes me sad!!!)
This machine is patiently waiting for the PERFECT gum-balls!!! About 5 months ago I saw some beautiful (can gum-balls be beautiful...I think yes!!!) pastel gum-balls. I will not settle for the primary colors at this point. I will drive down to Shipshewana and buy the perfect gum-balls. And I will eat yeast doughnuts and a JoJo's pretzel..and probably buy some Amish bacon!!!
I don't know when...
but I will!!! :)

3 comments:

Team Manager said...

Love the room!!

Lindsay said...

It's SO cute! You guys have done a great job! I love that she wanted you to paint a picture for the room... very sweet! :)

Landscape of our Life said...

Beautiful! (Do you read Meg's blog "whatever?"_